Medicine For Mali
The Medicine for Mali mission is to collaborate with our partners in Mali, Africa in a sustainable approach to improve lives through medical aid, education, public health, micro-finance loans, and clean water while promoting friendship across cultures.
Help us improve the lives of thousands of Malians today!
All of Medicine for Mali’s programs work to improve the health, economics, and education of the people in a remote, forgotten section of Mali where people are extremely poor. Your generous donation will support:
- Our clean water mission: the drilling of wells
- Our educational mission: teacher training, scholarships for top girl and boy students
- Our public health mission: malaria prevention, village birth attendant training, and immunizations
- Our microfinance loan mission: loans to individuals and small groups
- Our medical mission: the purchase of medical supplies
Myrna Brown, a longtime, major supporter of MFM’s midwife training program, has published a book OF UNSEEN THINGS ABOVE about a young missionary in Burkina Faso (Mali's neighbor). It is a romantic story of life in W Africa in which the heroine must go on a spiritual journey. I related to this and enjoyed the book very much
Thank you to all the Drake University Pharmacy students who worked very hard for over a year to raise money for a solar frig inthe Health Center. A Great job!